This luxury complex, the first of its kind in East Ottawa, is made up of four 15-floor towers, for a total of 89 condominiums (including several penthouses)
The technical challenges that were particular to this project were, among others:
- The use of piles resting on solid rock (22.5m deep) in response to the analysis of the moist and vegetal low-capacity soil;
- Controlling the deflections of the thin 225 mm slabs;
- Design of a central raft foundation connecting by chord members all the footings supporting the tower;
- Shear walls designed on individual raft foundations, resting on piles set in solid rock;
- Piles calculations to counter lateral earthquake forces and calculations to reduce the differential settlement;
Design of a transfer beam on the second floor in order to support the column and eliminate it at the ground level. That transfer beam is designed to support the concentrated loads from the 13 floors above.